Frequently Asked Questions
To what extent do non-governmental organizations participate in the work of the ICO ?
The ICO has cooperated on a number of projects with non-governmental organizations such as TWIN and Oxfam. It is committed under its Agreement to establishing and strengthening cooperative activities with appropriate non-governmental organizations with expertise in relevant aspects of the coffee sector.
Other FAQ Within This Category
- Why do we need an international organization to look after coffee ?
- What exactly is the ICO ?
- What is the International Coffee Agreement ?
- How did the ICO come into existence ?
- Where does the money come from ?
- Is the ICO a cartel ? Does the ICO operate a quota system ?
- What is the impact of the ICO on world trade in coffee ?
- To what extent do non-governmental organizations participate in the work of the ICO ?
- How far does the ICO represent the coffee growers themselves ?
- What is the extent of private sector involvement in the work of the ICO ?
- What is the role of the EU ?
- What happens at Council meetings ?
- How are decisions taken in the Council ?
- Who can attend meetings ?
- View all FAQ Categories