Speciality Coffee Association of Europe Wonderful Coffee Copenhagen 2008
19 June 2008
The Executive Director attended the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE) Wonderful Coffee Copenhagen 2008 which took place in Denmark from 19 to 22 June 2008. The event included an exhibition, a conference highlighting recent developments in the field of coffee, particularly the high-quality sector, and competitions such as the 9th World Barista Championship. In addition to representatives from the European coffee industry, the event was attended by participants from Japan and producing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. In his presentation, the Executive Director analysed the outlook for the coffee market and the specialty coffee sector. The keynote speaker was Mr Gabriel Silva, Managing Director of the National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia, who spoke about the importance of developing sustainable coffee practices in coffee production. The SCAE is chaired by Mr Max Fabian and its Executive Director is Mr Mick Wheeler.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 15/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.