International Conference on Coffee Science – ASIC 2008
14 September 2008
International Conference on Coffee Science – ASIC 2008: The international coffee scientific community met in Campinas, Brazil from 14 to 19 September 2008 on the occasion of the 22nd International Conference on Coffee Science. Over 400 scientists from 30 countries attended the event, and 370 papers on the latest findings in scientific research and technological developments in the area of coffee were presented. The Conference was chaired by Dr Andrea Illy, President of the Association for Science and Information on Coffee (ASIC), and organized by a Committee chaired by Dr. Aldir Alves Teixeira. The Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio, was invited to deliver the keynote address and paid special tribute to the late Dr Ernesto Illy, one of the founders of ASIC. Mr Osorio also analysed the situation of the world coffee market and the impact of developments in production and consumption on prices. He was invited to visit the Centro de Café Alcides Carvalho at the IAC-Campinas Agronomic Institute, a leading research centre headed by Dr Luiz Carlos Fazuoli, and was informed about activities including coffee genetics, biotechnology, chemistry and other areas related to coffee.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 25/03/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.