TriesteEspresso Expo,Trieste, Italy 2008
12 November 2008
The TriesteEspresso Expo took place in Trieste, Italy from 12 to 15 November 2008, and was attended by a wide range of representatives of the coffee industry. An opening seminar on the topic of “The rise in world consumption and the future of coffee production: a critical balance” took place on 12 November, chaired by Mr Vincenzo Sandalj, President of the Trieste Coffee Association. The ICO Executive Director made a presentation on the evolution of the coffee market and changes in global demand and consumption. Other speakers included Krishna Rau (Chairman of the Coffee Board of India), Luiz Araripe (CeCafé, Brazil), Max Quirin (ANACAFÉ, Guatemala), Nguyen Quang Huy (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Vietnam) and Dr Surip Mawardi (Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute, Indonesia).
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.