48th General Assembly of the InterAfrican Coffee Organization (IACO)
20 November 2008
The 48th General Assembly of the InterAfrican Coffee Organization (IACO) took place in Libreville, Gabon, on 20 and 21 November, preceded by a Forum on the finance of coffee in Africa on 18 and 19 November which was opened by the Prime Minister of Gabon, H.E. Mr Jean Eyeghe Ndong. The ICO Head of Operations, Mr José Sette, reported on membership of the ICA 2007, with 15 African countries among the 34 Governments to have signed the Agreement to date, and changes in statistical reporting as a result of the future entry into force of the new Agreement. The ICO Chief Economist, Mr Denis Seudieu, made a presentation on the current market situation and participated in a workshop on the ICO/CFC project “Developing the Potential of Gourmet Robusta Coffee in Gabon and Togo”. The Forum evaluated the African experience in the delivery of agricultural credit, development of institutions, infrastructure and other themes relevant to the financing of the coffee sector. IACO has 25 Member states, representing 12% of world coffee production, and is headed by Ambassador Josefa Sacko, Secretary-General.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 12/09/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.