16th Encontro Nacional das Indústrias de Café (ENCAFE) Conference
19 November 2008
The Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osório, was invited to give the keynote address to the 16th Encontro Nacional das Indústrias de Café (ENCAFE) Conference, which took place in Porto de Galinhas, Pernambuco, Brazil from 19 to 23 November 2008. The event was organized by the Brazilian Coffee Industry Association (ABIC) which is chaired by Mr Almir da Silva Filho and led by Mr Nathan Herszkowicz, Executive Director. In his presentation, the Executive Director gave a detailed analysis of the global coffee market and changes in supply and demand patterns during the last eight years. The results of a survey on trends in coffee consumption in Brazil were presented during the Conference, indicating that it continues to be a dynamic market with consumption estimated to reach 18 million bags by the end of 2008, bringing per capita consumption to 5.64 kg.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.