Congress of the Association of Coffee Exporters of Colombia (ASOEXPORT)
20 November 2008
Mission to Colombia, November 2008: The Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio, was invited to address the Congress of the Association of Coffee Exporters of Colombia (ASOEXPORT) on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the Association. The event took place in Cartagena, Colombia on 20 and 21 November 2008. In his presentation the Executive Director highlighted developments in the world coffee market including trends in major consuming markets and developments in domestic consumption in producing countries. Speakers at the conference included the Minister for Finance and Public Credit, Dr Oscar Iván Zuluaga, Mr Mauricio Bernal and Mr Jorge Enrique Lozano, respectively Chairman of the Board of Directors and Executive Chairman of ASOEXPORT, and Mr Robert Nelson, President of the National Coffee Association of the USA. The Executive Director subsequently participated at the 70th Annual Congress of the Federación Nacional de Cafeteros de Colombia. The Congress took place in Bogota from 26 to 28 November 2008 and the President of Colombia, H.E. Mr Álvaro Uribe Vélez, and the General Manager of the Federación, Dr Gabriel Silva Luján were among the speakers who addressed the coffee growers of Colombia during the opening ceremony.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 11/10/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.