The Executive Director visited Uganda from 15 to 17 February 2009
15 February 2009
On the invitation of the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), the Executive Director visited Uganda from 15 to 17 February 2009. During his visit he discussed coffee matters with government representatives including Mr Henry Ngabirano, Managing Director of UCDA, H.E. Mr Sam Kutesa, Minister for Foreign Affairs, H.E. Mr Hilary Onek, Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, the Chairperson of the Parliamentary Committee of Agriculture and Professor Ephraim Kamuntu, Minister of State for Industry and Technology. He also took the opportunity to visit the National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO). The Government of Uganda expressed its appreciation for the ICO’s assistance to its coffee sector, particularly with respect to CFC/ICO projects to control coffee wilt disease and increase the resilience of coffee production to Leaf Rust disease, and confirmed that the Minister for Foreign Affairs would visit the ICO in March 2009 with a view to signing the 2007 Agreement.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/09/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.