The Executive Director was received by the President of Rwanda
13 February 2009
The Executive Director, accompanied by the Secretary-General of the Inter-African Coffee Organization, H.E. Mme Josefa Sacko and the Chairman of EAFCA, Mr Joseph Taguma of Zambia, was received by the President of Rwanda, H.E. Mr Paul Kagame on 13 February 2009. The Executive Director discussed the situation of the world coffee market with the President, who expressed his appreciation for the ICO’s assistance to the coffee sector in the African region, in particular its support for the CFC/ICO project to improve coffee quality in East and Central Africa through enhanced processing practices in Rwanda and Ethiopia, which he hoped would be scaled-up under a new proposal under consideration by the ICO.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 12/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.