6th African Fine Coffee Conference and Exhibition, Kigali, Rwanda
12 February 2009
The Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio, was invited to attend the 6th African Fine Coffee Conference and Exhibition which took place in Kigali, Rwanda from 12-14 February 2009. The event was attended by over 500 delegates from the private sector, government agencies, research institutions and international development organizations. The opening ceremony was chaired by the Rwandan Prime Minister, H.E. Mr Bernard Makuza, who gave a keynote speech on behalf of the President of Rwanda. In his opening remarks, the Executive Director reviewed the situation of the world coffee market and the impact of the current financial and economic crisis on the coffee sector. He also presented a paper on “Growing demand in the world coffee market” to a technical session and attended a policy dinner hosted by the Secretary-General of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) to discuss measures to facilitate the logistical movement of coffee across borders. During his visit, Mr Osorio visited a number of coffee farms, accompanied by Mr Alex Kanyankole, Director General of OCIR-Café, Rwanda.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 22/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.