Mission to Vietnam, March 2009
24 March 2009
The Executive Director, Mr NÚstor Osorio, was invited to address the 3rd Vietnam Agricultural Outlook Conference which took place in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam on 24 and 25 March 2009. The event was organized by the Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development (IPSARD) of the Ministry of Agriculture of Vietnam with the aim of analysing and reviewing the Vietnamese and global agricultural sector, in particular coffee, rice and livestock products. It was inaugurated by Mr Luong Le Phuong, Deputy Minister for the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr Andrew Speedy, FAO representative in Vietnam and Dr Dang Kim Son, Director-General of IPSARD. In his presentation to participants, Mr Osorio analysed developments in the global coffee market, including supply and demand trends, and gave a preliminary assessment of the impact of the economic crisis on the coffee sector. During the conference the Director-General of IPSARD chaired a policy dialogue meeting which analysed ways of improving access to markets, quality, technical innovation and capacity-building.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 20/09/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.