The SCAA held its 12th Annual Exposition
16 April 2009
The Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) held its 12th Annual Exposition in Atlanta from 16 to 19 April 2009. This year, for the first time, it was preceded by a Symposium on 15 and 16 April aimed at exchanging ideas on challenging issues facing the specialty coffee industry. The ICO Executive Director participated in a panel on the ‘State and future of specialty coffee’ together with Rocky Laverty (CEO, Farmer Brothers Coffee), Pat O’Dea (CEO, Peet’s Coffee and Tea), Doug Zell (CEO, Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea) and David Griswold (Sustainable Harvest). The panellists debated a range of issues, in particular the impact of the global economic crisis, using a preliminary evaluation by the ICO on the effects of the crisis on the coffee sector as a reference for discussions. The symposium also included break-out sessions on topics such as the effects of global warming, supply and demand forecasts, coffee safety and the costs of production.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 15/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.