The SCAA held its 12th Annual Exposition
16 April 2009
The Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) held its 12th Annual Exposition in Atlanta from 16 to 19 April 2009. This year, for the first time, it was preceded by a Symposium on 15 and 16 April aimed at exchanging ideas on challenging issues facing the specialty coffee industry. The ICO Executive Director participated in a panel on the ‘State and future of specialty coffee’ together with Rocky Laverty (CEO, Farmer Brothers Coffee), Pat O’Dea (CEO, Peet’s Coffee and Tea), Doug Zell (CEO, Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea) and David Griswold (Sustainable Harvest). The panellists debated a range of issues, in particular the impact of the global economic crisis, using a preliminary evaluation by the ICO on the effects of the crisis on the coffee sector as a reference for discussions. The symposium also included break-out sessions on topics such as the effects of global warming, supply and demand forecasts, coffee safety and the costs of production.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 19/07/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.