Mission to Guatemala
27 August 2009
The Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio, visited Guatemala from 27 to 31 August 2009 to discuss the arrangements for the next ICO World Coffee Conference which will take place in Guatemala City from 26 to 27 February 2010. During his visit Mr Osorio and the Directors of ANACAFÉ were received by the President of Guatemala, H.E. Mr. Álvaro Colom Caballeros. Mr Osorio expressed his appreciation to the President for hosting the 2010 Conference and agreeing to chair it, and conveyed the pleasure of ICO Member Governments in attending this event. President Colom confirmed that all the necessary preparations to achieve a successful conference were in hand, and noted the significance of this global coffee event for Guatemala. Mr Osorio also met the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr Roger Haroldo Rodas Melgar who confirmed the Government’s commitment to ensuring the success of the Conference, and indicated that arrangements for protocol and other services to facilitate the arrival of international delegates to Guatemala were in place. The Executive Director had very productive meetings with the Organizing Committee and members of ANACAFÉ, and was pleased to see that the logistical and organizational preparations for the Conference were well advanced.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.