ABIC Encafe meeting – 17 – 21 November 2004
22 November 2004
The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, was invited to participate at the inauguration of the coffee meeting held by the Brazilian coffee roasters' association, ABIC..
ABIC Encafe meeting – 17 – 21 November 2004: The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, was invited to participate at the inauguration of the coffee meeting held by the Brazilian coffee roasters' association, ABIC, in the State of Bahia, Brazil this month. At this meeting, the ABIC presented a progress report on its quality programme, and revealed that domestic consumption of coffee in Brazil in 2003/04 had risen to 14.3 million bags. In his address, the Executive Director highlighted the success of Brazil in promoting domestic consumption and noted that the ICO had taken this experience as a basis for promotion in other producing countries. In this context, the ICO has sponsored a manual prepared by a Brazilian consultancy which gives detailed practical information on how to encourage consumption in producing countries. The ABIC also launched its new programme for 2004/05 and presented diplomas and certificates as awards to the best coffees entered for the ABIC quality competition in a ceremony in which the Executive Director participated. Mr. Osorio also took the opportunity to hold meetings with the Governor and authorities of the State of Bahia in the company of the Secretary for Commodities, Mr. Linneu Carlos da Costa Lima, to discuss preparations for the second World Coffee Conference which will be held in Salvador, Bahia in September 2005. The Governor and other authorities present reiterated their support for this initiative.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.