17th Encontro Nacional das Indústrias de Café (ENCAFE)
18 November 2009
The 17th Encontro Nacional das Indústrias de Café (ENCAFE) Conference took place in Salvador, Brazil from 18 – 22 November 2009 on the theme of growth in the market for quality coffee. The ICO Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio, was invited to speak at the inaugural session and during the Conference. In his presentation he gave a detailed analysis of trends in the global coffee market during the year and outlined the development of the speciality and quality coffee segments as well as trends in coffee consumption and the behaviour of the market during the world economic crisis. During his mission, Mr Osorio visited Brasilia and met the Minister for Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply, Mr Reinhold Stephanes and his cabinet members to discuss current coffee market conditions and progress on the ratification of the ICA 2007. He was advised that the draft legislation for ratification of the 2007 Agreement is now with the Brazilian Congress. Mr Osorio also met Mr Carlos Melles, Congressman and Mr Gilson Ximenes, President of the National Coffee Council, and other representatives of the coffee sector during his visit.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 13/06/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.