11th National Symposium on Coffee Agribusiness (Agrocafé), Brazil
8 March 2010
The Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio, was invited to speak at the 11th Agrocafé symposium which took place in Salvador, Brazil from 8 - 10 March 2010, chaired by Mr João Lopes Araújo, President of Assocafé. The Governor of Bahia and the Secretaries of Agriculture of Bahia, Paraná, São Paulo, Minas Gerais and Espírito Santo were present at the Opening Session. In his presentation, Mr Osorio gave an overview of the world coffee market and analysed trends in world production and patterns of consumption in different markets, with emphasis on developments in producing countries and emerging markets. He also reported on the highlights and conclusions of the recent World Coffee Conference which took place in Guatemala from 26 to 28 February, and on the 104th Session of the International Coffee Council from 1 to 4 March. During his intervention, the Executive Director appealed to members of the Brazilian Parliament to ratify the 2007 Agreement, which has already been signed by the Government.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 08/12/2017
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.