99th Annual Convention of the National Coffee Association of USA
18 March 2010
The 99th Annual Convention of the National Coffee Association of USA (NCA) took place from 18 to 20 March 2010 in Dana Point, California, chaired by Mr Dub Hay, Chairman of the NCA Board of Directors. Representatives of the US coffee industry and producing countries analyzed recent developments in the global coffee sector during the Conference, which took as its theme ‘The Power of Coffee, Changing Lives, Creating Futures’. The ICO Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio, chaired a panel discussion on child labour which reviewed progress on educational programmes and other practical measures to eradicate child labour in producing countries, with presentations by representatives from Guatemala, Costa Rica and Uganda. One of the highlights of the Convention was the presentation of the 2010 National Coffee Drinking Trends Survey. The results indicate that consumption in the US is stable despite the economic recession experienced in the last two years.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 25/03/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.