18th Encontro Nacional das Indústrias de Café Conference
12 November 2010
The 18th Encontro Nacional das Indústrias de Café (ENCAFE) Conference took place in Natal, Brazil from 12 to 15 November 2010 on the theme of ‘a new era for coffee in Brazil’. The ICO Acting Executive Director, Mr José Sette, was invited to speak during the Conference and participated in the debates on new standards for roasted coffee sold to consumers. During his mission, Mr Sette visited Brasilia and met the Minister for Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply, Mr Wagner Rossi and the Secretary-General of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Mr Antonio Patriota, to discuss current coffee market conditions and progress on the ratification of the ICA 2007.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 20/09/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.