New ICO coffee development project approved
18 November 2011
Qualitative and quantitative rehabilitation of coffee with the aim of improving the living conditions of coffee farmers afflicted and displaced by war: The Common Fund for Commodities has announced that its Executive Board has approved the financing of a new project sponsored by the ICO. The project is aimed at improving the sustainable livelihoods of coffee producers affected or displaced by war in the Eastern provinces of the Democratic Republic of Congo. The total cost of the project is US$1.61 million, including a contribution of US$1.37 million from the CFC of which US$700,000 will be contributed by the OPEC Fund for International Development.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 21/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.