50th/51st Annual General Assembly of the InterAfrican Coffee Organization (IACO)
21 November 2011
The 50th/51st Annual General Assembly of the InterAfrican Coffee Organization (IACO) took place in Nairobi, Kenya from 21 to 24 November 2011 on the theme of ‘Coffee renaissance in Africa: the time is now’. The Assembly was preceded by the 9th General Assembly of the African Coffee Research Network (ACRN) and a Conference on 50 years of the African coffee industry. The Secretary-General of IACO, Ambassador Josefa Sacko, the Minister of Agriculture of Kenya, Hon Dr Sally Kosgei, the Minister for Commerce of Côte d’Ivoire, Hon. Dagobert Banzio, the Managing Director of the Coffee Board of Kenya, Ms Loise Wanjira Njeru and the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry for Agriculture of Kenya, Dr Romano Kiome, were among those who participated in the official openings of these events. The Executive Director of the ICO, Mr Robério Silva, spoke at the Opening Ceremony, focussing on the coffee market, the challenges facing the sector and the need for continued international cooperation to ensure a sustainable coffee economy. IACO has 25 Member states, representing 10.2% of world coffee production.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.