4th India International Coffee Festival
18 January 2012
The Executive Director, Robério Silva gave an inaugural address at the 4th India International Coffee Festival which took place in New Delhi, India from 18 – 20 January 2012 on the theme of ‘Growing with coffee’. The festival was attended by over 400 delegates. In addition to an exhibition and workshops, it included a conference dealing with topics such as the outlook for coffee, factors influencing coffee prices, and European markets. Dignitaries attending the Festival included Mr. Anand Sharma, Hon. Union Minister for Commerce and Industry and Textiles, Mr. Jyotiraditya Scindia, Hon. Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Mr. Madhusudan Prasad, IAS, Additional Secretary (Plantations) at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Dr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Mr. Anup K. Pujari, IAS, Director General of Foreign Trade, Department of Commerce, Mr. Anil Kumar Bhandari (President, India Coffee Trust and Vice-Chairman, IICF 2012) and Mr. Jawaid Akhtar, Chairman of the Coffee Board of India and Chairman, IICF 2012. In his presentation to the Conference, Mr Silva gave an overview of the international coffee outlook and analyzed recent trends in supply, demand and prices. Presentation
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 19/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.