Reducing Ochratoxin A in Coffee - www.coffee-ota.org
20 May 2005
The FAO announced at the recent ICO Council session that the Reducing Ochratoxin A in Coffee - www.coffee-ota.org is now operational.
Ochratoxin A (OTA) can be found in a small percentage of coffee produced in many different countries and the FAO is the Executing Agency for a major ICO-sponsored project to eliminate or reduce the formation of moulds which can generate this mycotoxin. The website will be of use to all concerned or interested about OTA, and how best to prevent, or reduce, its incidence in coffee.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 22/03/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.