Inauguration of Caféothèque de Paris
15 September 2005
The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, was invited on 15 September 2005 to the inauguration of the Caféothèque, a space set up in the heart of Paris by the Project Connaissance du Café that will serve as the depositary of the most important collection of samples of best coffees from all origins, with an accent on award winning quality coffees. The Caféothèque will operate as a living archive, a laboratory and a school, thus allowing to the general public the full discovery of the many flavours and aromas that coffee has to offer. Under the leadership of Mrs. Gloria Montenegro, the Project Connaissance du Café has been working since its foundation for the valorisation of those great coffees which have been classified as “grand cru” by a selected jury, thus creating an awareness of the importance of origin as a crucial element in the classification of coffee.
During the event, the Executive Director, who was made Honorary President of the Caféothèque, underlined the importance of this effort of quality enhancement, and stressed once again the relevance of this type of initiatives in raising attention amongst consumers of the manifold possibilities for appreciating coffee beyond its brewing methods.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/07/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.