LXXIX National Coffee Congress of Colombia
10 December 2013
The Executive Director of the ICO, Mr Robério Oliveira Silva, gave the keynote speech at the LXXIX National Coffee Congress of Colombia which took place in Bogota, Colombia from 27 to 30 November 2013. The theme of the Congress was ‘Competitiveness in the coffee sector’. It was opened by H.E. Mr Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia, accompanied by the Minister of Finance, Mr. Mauricio Cárdenas, and the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr Rubén Darío Lizarralde Montoya. In his speech Mr Silva reiterated his support for the work and achievements of the National Coffee Growers’ Federation which was established 86 years ago, and commended the country for maintaining high quality standards that have characterized its coffee and made Colombia the benchmark for premium beans across the globe. During the Congress, Mr Cárdenas announced the Government’s decision to extend current subsidies to coffee farmers throughout 2014, making available more than US$500 million for the Coffee Growers’ Income Protection (PIC) programme, aimed at compensating growers for low international prices.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 19/07/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.