Coffee Market Report August 2014: Market Remains Volatile But Lacks Direction
11 September 2014
Prices fluctuated significantly during August, with the ICO composite indicator dropping by 10 cents before jumping back up another 12 cents by the end of the month. Given the lack of new fundamental information, this volatility has been attributed mostly to fund and speculator activity in the market. The New York futures market exceeded $2/lb, hitting its highest daily level since early May, while Robustas on the London market ended the month down 1.5 cents. Inventories in importing countries have also jumped over the last few months, with higher levels in both the EU and USA. Read the full report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 14/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.