Coffee Market Report November 2014: Rains in Brazil Dampen Market Spirits
11 December 2014
Coffee prices slipped back in November, as widespread rains in Brazil curtailed any further price rises. All group indicators decreased, although this was less noticeable in the case of Robusta. According to Conab, production of Arabica in Brazil will be six million bags lower in 2014/15 compared to 2013/14; some of this deficit may be covered by the continued recovery in Colombia and improved management of coffee leaf rust in Central America, but the gap will not be totally offset. In terms of Robusta production, there have been mixed reports for Vietnam in 2014/15, but a decrease is expected in Indonesia based on recent export volumes. A preliminary estimate of world coffee production in crop year 2014/15 suggests total supply of around 141 million bags. Read the full Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 13/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.