Coffee Market Report February 2015: Coffee Slumps to One-Year Low Despite Global Deficit Forecast
2 March 2015
February saw the downward trend in the coffee market over the last few months continue. The ICO composite daily price dropped to a low of just under $1.30, more than 50 cents less than its most recent peak of 185.09 in October 2014. Despite this downward pressure on prices, world production is expected to come to 142 million bags in crop year 2014/15, 4.6 million less than 2013/14 and its lowest level in three years. This puts the coffee market into a deficit for the current year, although stocks in exporting countries have so far allowed exports to continue at a strong pace. Read the February 2015 Coffee Market Report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 24/05/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.