Coffee Market Report April 2015 - Record Exports from Brazil Weigh Heavy on the Coffee Market
8 May 2015
Coffee exports from Brazil reached a record high of 36.8 million bags in crop year 2014/15 (April to March), fuelled by domestic stocks and encouraged by a depreciation in the exchange rate. Production in crop year 2015/16 is currently estimated by Conab as roughly unchanged at between 44.1 and 46.6 million bags. However, with Brazilís domestic consumption at around 21 million bags, export availability is going to be significantly reduced over the next year. Overall, prices remained low in April 2015 despite a slight increase over March, as consumer stocks remain relatively well supplied. Furthermore, several recent reports about the upcoming Brazilian crop have suggested that the damage might not be as severe as previously expected.
Read the full market report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 15/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.