Coffee Market Report April 2015 - Record Exports from Brazil Weigh Heavy on the Coffee Market
8 May 2015
Coffee exports from Brazil reached a record high of 36.8 million bags in crop year 2014/15 (April to March), fuelled by domestic stocks and encouraged by a depreciation in the exchange rate. Production in crop year 2015/16 is currently estimated by Conab as roughly unchanged at between 44.1 and 46.6 million bags. However, with Brazilís domestic consumption at around 21 million bags, export availability is going to be significantly reduced over the next year. Overall, prices remained low in April 2015 despite a slight increase over March, as consumer stocks remain relatively well supplied. Furthermore, several recent reports about the upcoming Brazilian crop have suggested that the damage might not be as severe as previously expected.
Read the full market report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.