Coffee Market Report June 2015 - Lower coffee exports lend support to Robusta prices
9 July 2015
The coffee market rallied slightly in June, led in most part by a recovery in Robusta prices. For the sixth month in a row exports were lower than last year, yet the market seems to have no immediate supply concerns, particularly as recent reports suggest an optimistic view of coffee production. The continued weakness of the Brazilian real is also affecting prices, with the new 2015/16 crop expected to come to market in the near future. Nevertheless, in the longer term, the low prices recorded over the last quarter, though not yet reaching crisis levels, will not encourage investment in the sector, and could result in reduced supply as producers withdraw from the market.
Read the full report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 21/05/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.