21st ASIC International Conference on Coffee Science
11 September 2006
The Executive Director, Mr. NÚstor Osorio, addressed the inaugural session of the 21st ASIC (www.asic-cafe.org) International Conference on Coffee Science on 11 September 2006. More than 350 scientists from around the world are meeting in Montpellier from 11 to 15 September 2006 for this Conference to present the results of the latest scientific research on coffee. The 96 papers being presented range from coffee chemistry to the effects of consumption on human health. The President of ASIC, Dr. Andrea Illy, praised the interest of the scientific community in research on coffee and underlined the importance of such scientific research in promoting sustainability in the coffee sector. In his address, the Executive Director emphasized the relevance and importance of amplifying scientific knowledge on coffee and the need for wide dissemination of the findings, and also reviewed the present situation of coffee worldwide.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 11/12/2017
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.