21st ASIC International Conference on Coffee Science
11 September 2006
The Executive Director, Mr. NÚstor Osorio, addressed the inaugural session of the 21st ASIC (www.asic-cafe.org) International Conference on Coffee Science on 11 September 2006. More than 350 scientists from around the world are meeting in Montpellier from 11 to 15 September 2006 for this Conference to present the results of the latest scientific research on coffee. The 96 papers being presented range from coffee chemistry to the effects of consumption on human health. The President of ASIC, Dr. Andrea Illy, praised the interest of the scientific community in research on coffee and underlined the importance of such scientific research in promoting sustainability in the coffee sector. In his address, the Executive Director emphasized the relevance and importance of amplifying scientific knowledge on coffee and the need for wide dissemination of the findings, and also reviewed the present situation of coffee worldwide.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 12/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.