Coffee Market Report September 2015 - Coffee year 2014/15 ends with prices at 20-month low
12 October 2015
The coffee market slumped further in September, following a slight rally in August, with the weakness of the Brazilian real and Colombian peso again proving the most influential factor, along with a general bearish trend across commodities. Conab released their third estimate of coffee production in Brazil in crop year 2015/16, which was reduced by over 2 million bags to 42.1 million bags, but this had little effect on the market. Looking ahead, as we go into coffee year 2015/16, it will be important to keep an eye on weather patterns, particularly given the ongoing dryness in Central America, and the potential impact of El Niņo in coffee growing regions.
Read the full Coffee Market Report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 21/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.