Steering Committee of the Common Code for the Coffee Community (4Cs) project
4 October 2006
The Executive Director, Mr. NÚstor Osorio, was invited to address the final meeting of the Steering Committee of the Common Code for the Coffee Community (4Cs) project in Montreux, Switzerland, from 4-6 October 2006. The meeting was attended by representatives of the coffee trade and industry, representatives of producer organizations from the major coffee producing regions and civil society. Mr. Osorio reviewed the development of a Common Code for the Coffee Community and the progress made in the last four years, taking into account the suggestions of the industry in consuming countries, together with contributions from producing countries and civil society with the aim of improving mainstream coffee throughout the supply chain. Mr. Osorio underlined the importance of new instruments of cooperation such as this initiative and offered to facilitate constructive dialogue between the ICO and the 4Cs in order to identify areas of common interest.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.