12th Asia International Coffee Conference (AICC)
5 December 2006
On 5 December 2006 the Executive Director, Mr. NÚstor Osorio, addressed the 12th Asia International Coffee Conference (AICC), which took place in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. In his address, the Executive Director reviewed the current market situation for coffee and gave a comprehensive analysis of the situation in the different major producing countries. He explained that the supply/demand situation continues to be finely balanced and further analysis awaits the imminent release later this month of official Brazilian estimates for the 2007/08 crop. The Conference was attended by more than 300 delegates from Asia and Europe and also by a very important delegation from Brazil, which visited a number of Vietnamese coffee plantations.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/09/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.