Coffee Market Report May 2016 - Supply concerns for Robusta drive coffee market higher
9 June 2016
Coffee prices settled higher for the fourth consecutive month in May, but are still below their levels of this time last year, with Robusta prices leading the charge. Exports dipped slightly in April, due to lower shipments from Brazil, but recent estimates suggest a strong recovery in Brazil’s Arabica production this year, with output of Robusta decreasing. These reduced exports indicate that stock levels in Brazil are likely minimal, so the new crop will need to fulfil both domestic consumption and export requirements over the next year.
Read the latest Coffee Market Report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 20/01/2017
Thank you for making International Coffee Day 2016 a success!
Subscribe to our mailing list for updates on the 2017 campaign! Subscribe here>>
6th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 6th Forum took place in London on 21 September 2016. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.