Coffee Market Report October 2016 - Robusta shortfall drives coffee market to 21-month high
10 November 2016
Coffee prices rose significantly in October, with support coming from continuing concerns over Robusta supply. The monthly average of the ICO composite indicator hit a 21-month high of 142.68 US cents/lb, with the Robusta indicator at its highest level in two years. The market has also been buoyed by speculation over the next 2017/18 Brazilian crop, although it is too early to draw any conclusions at this point. Finally, total exports ended 2015/16 down by 0.7%, with an increase in Arabica outweighed by lower shipments of Robusta.
Read the latest Coffee Market Report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 16/10/2017
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum too place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.