Coffee production to remain stable despite Arabica/Robusta divergence
11 January 2017
An initial estimate of global coffee production in 2016/17 suggests that the world total
will remain relatively stable, up 0.1% to 151.6 million bags. Arabica production is potentially set
for a record level of 93.5 million bags with bumper crops expected from Brazil, Colombia and
Honduras. Prospects for Robusta supply, on the other hand, are less positive, with lower crops
expected from most major origins. Prices on the futures markets have reflected these
developments recently, with Robusta prices generally showing support and Arabica under
pressure, leading to a narrowing in the arbitrage between the two. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 16/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.