Dr. Arturo Gómez Jaramillo passes away
15 November 2006
The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, regrets to inform the coffee community that Dr. Arturo Gómez Jaramillo passed away on 15 November 2006, at the age of 91. Don Arturo was the General Manager of the Colombian Coffee Growers Federation for nearly 25 years and one of the founding fathers of the ICO. He was widely recognized as one of the foremost figures in the coffee world. Through his inspirational leadership he championed the cause of cooperation between producers and consumers and firmly backed the ICO as the most effective means of making such cooperation a reality. He will be remembered with both affection and admiration.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 11/10/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.