Robusta prices increase to five and a half year high
9 February 2017
In January, the coffee market recovered from the fall in prices which was recorded towards the end of last year. While a price increase could be observed across all groups, it was most notable for Robusta. Exports for the first quarter of coffee year 2016/17 were 8.3% higher than last year at 29.8 million bags. Conab has released its first estimates of coffee production in Brazil for the upcoming crop year 2017/18, projecting a reduction of around 10% in crop compared to the current year. Large export volumes and the high levels of stocks in consuming countries seem likely to put pressure on price levels. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 20/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.