Market weakens further due to high exports and increasing inventory levels
7 April 2017
In March, the ICO composite indicator price fell slightly. While Robustas remained broadly stable, Arabica prices were under pressure. Despite the poor Conilon/Robusta harvest in Brazil and Vietnam, the market remained well supplied as export levels in the period October 2016 to February 2017 were higher than the year before, while inventories in importing countries continued to grow. In combination with an increasingly positive outlook for the 2017/18 crop, the market currently lacks any strong signals to reverse from its current gradual decline. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/05/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.