Mission to the People’s Republic of China
11 December 2006
Mission to the People’s Republic of China: Following the Conference in Vietnam, the Executive Director visited Beijing for a meeting with the Director of the International Organizations Department of the Ministry of Commerce, Mr. Yao, on 11 December at which he discussed the current work programme and priorities of the ICO and the process of reviewing the future of the current International Coffee Agreement. He also had the opportunity to meet members of the Coffee Association of China who explained the work they were carrying out in developing consumption through education of consumers. The Association indicated its interest in China becoming a Member of the ICO.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.