Coffee prices climb to a 4-month high but subsequently fall in view of a well-supplied market
12 September 2017
The ICO composite indicator rallied briefly to above 135 US cents/lb but quickly fell back to the level of June. This comes as cumulative exports in the current coffee year remain at very high levels, up 5.9% year on year, leading to higher inventories in importing countries. The outlook for the 2017/18 crop in Vietnam and the 2018/19 crop in Brazil is largely positive. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 08/12/2017
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.