Coffee market ends 2016/17 coffee year in deficit for the third consecutive year
12 October 2017
The ICO composite indicator continued its downward trend that started
at the end of August, averaging 124.45 US cents/lb.
Prices for all groups fell in September, though Robusta saw the largest decline of 5.1% compared to August.
This brings coffee year 2016/17 to an end, and global production is estimated at 153.9 million bags, a 1.5% increase on 2015/16.
With world consumption at 155.1 million bags, this gives a global deficitof 1.2 million bags. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 22/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.