Coffee market price ends 2017 at 21-month low
9 January 2018
The ICO composite indicator price averaged 114 US cents/lb in December 2017, down 2.8% from November 2017. Prices for all groups of coffee fell over the course of the month, though the steepest decline occurred in Robusta prices. Exports in November 2017 were 9.2% lower than the same month last year on 9.02 million bags. Shipments of Arabica were 5.5% lower at 6.06 million bags while Robusta shipments decreased by 15.9% to 2.96 million bags. Global coffee output for 2017/18 is preliminary estimated at 158.78 million bags, 0.7% higher than last year. Arabica production is provisionally estimated at 97.32 million bags, 1.1% lower than last year due to an expected reduction in output from Colombia and Brazil. However, Robusta production is provisionally estimated 3.7% higher than last year at 61.46 million bags, due largely to growth in Vietnam. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.