Coffee market recovers slightly from December slump
7 February 2018
After reaching its lowest level in 22 months in December 2017, the monthly average of the ICO composite indicator price increased by 1.4% to 115.60 US cents/lb in January 2018. Prices for all group indicators saw gains in January. Colombian Milds, Other Milds, and Brazilian Naturals recorded increases of 1.5%, 1% and 1.8% respectively while Robusta rose by 1.2%. In December 2017, global shipments of coffee increased by 0.7% to 10.62 million bags compared to the same month one year ago. However, shipments for the first quarter of coffee year 2017/18 are down 6.7% from one year ago, reaching 28.36 million bags. Global output in crop year 2017/18, is estimated at 158.93 million bags, 0.8% higher than last year. Production is estimated to grow by 4.7% to 17.93 million bags in Africa, 5.9% to 47.64 million bags in Asia & Oceania and 7.1% to 21.92 million bags in Mexico & Central America. These increases would offset declines in South America by 4.9% to 71.44 million bags. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.