July marks another month of continuous low prices
7 August 2018
In July 2018, the ICO composite indicator price decreased by 2.9% to an average of 107.20 US cents/lb, which is the lowest monthly average for July since 2007, when the monthly composite indicator reached 106.20 US cents/lb. Prices for all coffee groups fell in July 2018, though the largest month-on-month decrease occurred for Brazilian Naturals, which declined by 4% to 110.54 US cents/lb.
Total exports in June 2018 amounted to 10.45 million bags, 2.6% higher than in the same month one year ago, led by an increase of 7.9% to 3.95 million bags for Robusta. However, total Arabica shipments in June 2018 fell by 0.4%, to 6.51 million bags, with exports of Colombian Milds growing by 1.1%, to 1.03 million bags, and Brazilian Naturals by 2.2%, to 2.61 million bags. Other Milds fell by 3.2%, to 2.87 million bags.
Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.