New ICO project
6 September 2007
New ICO project “Enhancing the potential of gourmet coffee production in Central American countries” launched in Central America. The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, attended the launch of a new project designed to promote diversification for small farmers in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua through the development of quality linked to eco-tourism. The launch took place in Guatemala City on 6 September 2007 in the presence of H.E. Mr. Pio Luigi Tedorani Fabbri, the Ambassador of Italy in Guatemala, Mr. Nicola Arbace and Mr. Massimo Battaglia, respectively the Business Administrator and Project Coordinator of the Istituto Agronomico de Oltremare (IAO), which will act as the Project Executing Agency. Also present were the Chairman of the ICO Executive Board, Ambassador José Angel López Camposeco and the Chairman of ANACAFE, Mr. Christian Rasch Topke.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 14/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.