Trade Statistics – May 2021
1 July 2021
• World coffee exports amounted to 9.79 million bags in May 2021, compared with 10.89 million in May 2020.
• Exports in the first 8 months of coffee year 2020/21 (Oct/20 to May/21) have increased by 2.2% to 87.3 million bags compared to 85.38 million bags in the same period in 2019/20.
• In the twelve months ending May 2021, exports of Arabica totalled 81.9 million bags compared to 80.13 million bags last year; whereas Robusta exports amounted to 47.33 million bags compared to 49.26 million bags. Find more facts and figures about Coffee Trade Statistics>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 2/2/2023
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
ICO Coffee Break Series
The ICO has released research on the impact of covid-19 on the global coffee industry.
- Impact of covid-19 on the global coffee sector: The Demand Side (April 2020)
- Volatile coffee prices: covid-19 and market fundamentals (May 2020)
- Impact of covid-19 on the global coffee sector: Survey of ICO exporting Members (July 2020)
Futures markets: the role of non-commercial traders (Published March 2019)
Profitability of coffee farming in selected Latin American countries - interim report (Published March 2019)
Survey on the impact of low coffee prices on exporting countries (Published March 2019)
Emerging coffee markets: South and East Asia (Published September 2018)
Guide to Access Green and Climate Funding: The Global Environment Facility (Published October 2018)
Role of coffee futures markets in discovering prices for Latin American producers (Published September 2018)
National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.