I-CIP remains range bound since March, averaging 197.13 US cents/lb for the seven months
5 October 2022
• The ICO Composite Indicator Price (I-CIP) lost 0.2% from August to September 2022, averaging 199.63 US cents/lb for the latter, whilst posting a median value of 198.43 US cents/lb.
• Average prices for all groups indicators decreased in September 2022, except for the Robustas.
• The Brazilian Naturals-Robusta differential took the hardest hit from August to September 2022, retracting 3.6% from 112.26 to 108.23 US cents/lb as growth of Robustas outpaced the Brazilian Naturals.
Find out more in the ICO's latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 2/2/2023
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay
Every year on 1 October, the world comes together to celebrate coffee and recognise the millions of people across the globe - from farmers, to roasters, baristas, coffee shop owners and more - who work hard to create and serve the beverage we all love.
This year we're on a collective mission to help coffee farmers around the world receive a fair, living income. But to do it we need your help, find out more at: International Coffee Day
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
ICO Coffee Break Series
The ICO has released research on the impact of covid-19 on the global coffee industry.
- Impact of covid-19 on the global coffee sector: The Demand Side (April 2020)
- Volatile coffee prices: covid-19 and market fundamentals (May 2020)
- Impact of covid-19 on the global coffee sector: Survey of ICO exporting Members (July 2020)
Futures markets: the role of non-commercial traders (Published March 2019)
Profitability of coffee farming in selected Latin American countries - interim report (Published March 2019)
Survey on the impact of low coffee prices on exporting countries (Published March 2019)
Emerging coffee markets: South and East Asia (Published September 2018)
Guide to Access Green and Climate Funding: The Global Environment Facility (Published October 2018)
Role of coffee futures markets in discovering prices for Latin American producers (Published September 2018)
National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.