Mr. Osorio addressed 15th Encafe Conference, Recife, Brazil
14 November 2007
On 14 November 2007 the Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, addressed the inaugural session of the 15th Encafe Conference, held in Recife, Brazil from 14 – 18 November 2007. The Conference, which was organized by the Brazilian Coffee Industry Association (ABIC), was on the theme of “Sustainability and Conscious Consumption” and was attended by over 800 representatives from the Brazilian coffee industry. In his speech, Mr. Osorio reviewed the case of Brazil, where consumption has increased steadily, and is now at around 17 million bags. He highlighted the importance of continuing to develop coffee consumption in a sustainable manner as one of the challenges facing the world coffee industry, and noted that the newly adopted International Coffee Agreement 2007 had as its main objective the strengthening of the global coffee sector and promotion of its sustainable expansion in a market-based environment for the benefit of all participants. During the event, Mr. Guivan Bueno, Chairman of ABIC, made a special presentation on behalf of the Brazilian coffee industry to the Executive Director for his important contributions to the development of the global coffee industry.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.