Mr. Osorio attended 47th General Assembly of IACO, Cameroon
19 November 2007
The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, attended the inaugural ceremony of the 47th General Assembly of the InterAfrican Coffee Organization (IACO), held in conjunction with the 1st Forum for the Promotion of African Coffees from 19 – 23 November 2007 in Yaoundé, Cameroon. The ceremony was officially opened by Mr. Ephraim Inoni, the Prime Minister of Cameroon. In his speech the Executive Director noted the important contribution of African coffee-producing countries to the work of the International Coffee Organization, in particular to the negotiations on the recently-adopted International Coffee Agreement 2007, and highlighted African initiatives to promote coffee quality. He also had a private audience with M. Luc Magloire Mbanga Atangana, Minister of Commerce for Cameroon, to discuss the coffee market situation and was briefed about Cameroon’s coffee strategy and commitment to enhancing the role of coffee institutions in this country. During his mission, he visited the plantation of a prominent coffee grower, retired Colonel Titus Ebogo and had the opportunity to meet coffee growers and discuss issues related to coffee production in Cameroon.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 13/11/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.